Single walled nanotubes (SWNTs) is an allotropes of carbon with a single cylindrical nanostructure of one-atom-thick layer of graphite called graphene. It has a diameter of close to 1 nanometer, and can be many millions of times longer.
Based on the graphene sheet is wrapped is represented by a pair of indices (n,m) single walled carbon nanotubes are:
1) If m = 0, the nanotubes are called zigzag nanotubes,
2) if n = m, the nanotubes are called armchair nanotubes.
3) Otherwise, they are called chiral Nanotubes.
- EXCELLENT CONDUCTOR (more than copper)
- Very high THERMAL STABILITY up to 1000º C
- LARGE SURFACE AREA 490Meter2/Gram
- 100 times Stronger than Steel
- THE HIGHEST LENGTH TO DIAMETER RATIO up to 1 million times
Applications of single walled carbon nanotubes
- Much More